Sunday, April 3, 2016

Newborn :)

In my quest to learn anything and everything about photography, I recently had a wonderful opportunity.  My friends Sara and Tom had their first child, Conrad.  When I asked if I could take newborn photos of Conrad, they graciously said yes!

In order to prepare myself for this new style of photography, I did a lot of research (and by research I mean Googling various phrases like "newborn photography."  Hey, it worked!).  A few things I learned: 1. Babies need lots of breaks--for food, changing, cuddle time--lots.  2. Turn the heat up!  Babies are more likely to sleep when they are comfortable--that means keeping them nice an toasty.  3. Use outside lighting.  You do not want to have a flash going off if you are trying to keep a baby asleep.  I always had Conrad, Sara, and Tom positioned somewhere near windows so I could use the afternoon sun to light the photos.

Then the day came--Conrad was a week old, and it was time for photos!


Conrad was so tiny and cute!  I loved the blanket that we laid him on to begin with--it was specially made just for him.



Baby feet--always makes you say "Awwww."



Tom and Sara told me this position was already a favorite for father and son as they sleep on the couch.  So precious.



Tough Like Daddy.  Sara and I knew I had to get a shot like this :)



I think Conrad was opening his eyes at this time--sooo cute.



Baby fingers--another Awww moment?  I think so.



The happy family :)
Congratulations Sara and Tom!  Thank you for letting me into your home to capture these precious moments in the first days of Conrad's life.  I am so happy for you guys :)

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment