Monday, January 18, 2016

Escher Inspiration

Escher Inspiration

As corny as this probably sounds....welcome to my blog!  Hi-my name is Megan Howell (duh-I guess that was pretty obvious!).  I bet you figured out that I am also a photographer.  cuz, you know, you're smart like that ;)

I decided to create this blog to share my photography with whoever is interested.  I get excited to photograph anything and everything!  Simply because my photographs are my memories.  They take me back to that time when.....

So, to start off, below is a photo that I recently took of my brother, Adam. Check it out:



Here's the story behind it:
Yesterday we went to the North Carolina Museum of Art to see an exhibit of artwork by MC Escher. You know, the guy who did drawings of the infinite staircase, the hands drawing each other, self portraits in spheres, and generally plays with our ability to perceive 3D in a 2D medium.  Yeah, that guy.  It was pretty cool to see his artwork--it's just so mesmerizing.

Okay--back on topic--the photo of my brother.  At the end of the exhibit there is the gift shop, and places for people to sit.  As we were deciding where to go next, I saw this wall with all of these lines on it.  And suddenly it clicked--all of the lines were converging to one point on the wall.  I only had my cell phone on me, but I had to try.  I turned to Adam and said "Adam, I need you."  Following this was an exciting 10 minutes of me directing my brother through where to stand, how to look, and trying to get him to jump (which he wouldn't do).  This was actually the final shot I took, and I was so excited (and yes, a little proud) with how bold the photo looked-especially in B&W.

If you made it this far down, thanks for reading!  See you in the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment