Monday, January 25, 2016

More Snow!



The snow stopped!  The sun came out!  which means I was able to go out and capture even more photos of this fantastic phenomenon to share with you :)  The photos shared in this post are from Saturday afternoon-- yep during all that crazy wind.  Some were inside.  You know, the kind of inside shots that remind you how much cozier you are when you see snow from the heated side of a window.  And then I put on my snow gear, grabbed my camera and my trash bag, and dove into the elements.
(Okay, maybe "the elements" is a little extreme, but I HATE cold, and windy cold is even worse!)

The final photos (the ones I was able to capture with the sunrise and beautiful golden light) will be shared in a post tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Okay first the inside, cozy ones.
This is the bedroom I have been staying in at my parent's house during the blizzard.  I had fun staying nice and warm taking photos of the room with its wide view of the snow.

Mirror reflection--always fun to try shots like this. Tip: if you want to try and get your own mirror shots--clean the mirror first!  It will help get rid of potential distractions from the reflection you are trying to capture.

See what I mean by wide view of the snow?  Lots of sun comes into this room during they day, which makes it beautifully lit with natural light.

Okay.  Now for the outside shots.  Oh the wind....*shudder*
I spent my time photographing on Friday, looking at every holly bush to see if it had any red berries on it.  No luck.  But as I was helping my dad shovel snow, I saw these berries in front of the house!  They are not from a holly bush, but I still love "red berries with snow" pictures. The red adds a beautiful pop of color!

Icicles.  It's surprisingly hard to get a decent shot of them without the ugly dirt and yuckiness of the object they are growing off of.  This was as close as I could get (used my zoom lens) while photographing them from the other side of them.

Every tree had this white stripe down the center of it--thanks to the ferocious winds. Brrr....

Here is a preview of what is to come tomorrow!  The sun finally made an appearance!


Thank you for joining me in this awesome experience of a blizzard through my photographer's eyes.  Please continue to stay safe as we venture back out of our homes onto the roads.
See you tomorrow for my final installment of photos from the Blizzard of 2016!

Cheers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment