Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Family Christmas Portrait



Oh, hey there!  Ready for the snow?  According to many meteorologists and middle school children, it is coming!  I certainly plan (hope!) to be out and about capturing the pristine beauty with my camera.  Pictures will be coming--stay tuned!

In the meantime, I wanted to upload a few more photos.  These are from a family portrait session I had back in December (you know, when it was warm out).  This was my first ever full family portrait session.  Boy, was I nervous! Up to this point I had only done adults or one child at a time.  Now I had to direct a family unit, which included 2 small children, into beautiful poses, get them to smile without looking fake, and make sure all my camera settings were correct.  Did I mention I was nervous?

But I was also super-excited.  I was ready to take on the challenge.  The family I was photographing is from my church--Caitlyn and Danny Koennel with their 2 adorable daughters, Harper (1 year) and Addison (5 years).  They were completely wonderful!  Once we got started, my nerves vanished and I started having fun :) Here are a few of the many awesome shots from that day:

I absolutely love the outfits they came in--Caitlyn ended up using some of these photos for their family Christmas card--the red and white shirts with the evergreen trees in the background just screamed Christmas :)


Oh--these two girls were just cute!  As I was going through the photos after the shoot, I kept laughing out loud (LOL-ing, I guess) as I remembered Harper sticking her tongue out, and Addison roaring like a lion (yes I asked her to do that, no worries).  These two made my job very easy--their smiles made every photo of them a keeper.


I think this photo turned out to be my favorite photo--and moment--of the day (even with all the silliness).  For me, this is a perfect portrayal of the love that can grow only between father and daughter.  I feel so privileged to have been able to capture such a special moment.  (Shout out to my own father--Love you Dad!)

One last thing--I need to thank my church for letting me use their back yard to take these photos.  If you are not familiar with Good Samaritan Presbyterian Church in Waldorf, check it out at www.goodsampc.org.  It's a family full of great people!

Thanks again for taking some time to visit my blog.  Stay safe and warm out there!

Cheers :)
Megan.


No comments:

Post a Comment