Monday, April 11, 2016

Ready for Summer?


So, the weather has been crazy recently--freezing temperatures and snow in April!  You must be as ready for summer as I am.

We do still have a couple of months until that time, so I put together a collection of photos that will help you (and me) make it through.  If you ever feel like summer will never come, just come back to these photos.  Your hope will be renewed!



Sunrise on the beach with a classic "sun-in-hand" pose.  This has always been one of my favorites.



This is another one of my favorites.  Sunset windsurfing!  The composition of this photo came together so perfectly.



Seashells on the beach....a little cliché, I admit.  BUT, it does make you think of summer with barefoot walks on the beach, doesn't it?



Another reason I like these seashell pictures is because of the super-shallow depth of field in them.  Having a small sliver of the photo in focus and the rest blurred is one of my favorite compositional techniques.  (Do I sound like a nerd?  Sorry if I do)
Ok, I'm done with the seashells :)


In the OBX there are tons of little sand crabs running around on the beach in the mornings.  When I got this shot, this guy was sitting and waiting for the waves to wash over him.  Maybe he was taking a bath?



Look at this photo and imagine the following:
--The sound of crashing waves
--The smell of salt, sand, and fried food
--The feeling of sand on your feet and salty spray on your face
It's almost like you're there, right?



Ok, not a usual professional photographer's shot.  It is however the kind of photo you would take if you were on vacation at the beach, right?  Only a couple more months....we can do it!


Cheers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment