Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Photos for Photos' Sake

So, Winter decided to make an early appearance in my neck of the woods last week.  The temperatures dropped into the 20's!  Normally, I am a big baby when it comes to cold weather.  Give me a roaring fire, fuzzy socks, a warm blanket, and cup of hot cocoa (maybe with a little Kahlua mixed in!), and I will can deal with the cold weather.         Barely.          But, for whatever reason, I really wanted to take a photo walk in the freezing cold along the Old Town Alexandria waterfront.  I had to be in Alexandria later that day anyway, so it kind of made sense.  Still, I chose to get up before the sun and take a stroll in the freezing cold to capture some pictures--because that's my idea of fun.         Apparently.      

I was prepared.  I wore multiple shirts, and my boots that are the warmest suckers I have ever had on my feet.  I also wore my Photographer's Gloves.  If you think that sounds fancy, don't get too excited.  While they do make and sell real photographer's gloves, I'm too cheap to buy them.  I just took a pair of gloves I already owned and cut off the tips of the thumb and first fingers so that I can work the controls on my camera.



 Ok, just to warn you, you're gonna see these rope fences in a lot of the photos.  They're just cool like that.












 This couple and their photographer braved the cold morning and still did their photoshoot.  Don't be deceived by their light clothing--it was COLD!

 These shots and couple of others in this series HAD to be black and white.  Harsh shadows can make for some interesting black and white shots--even when photographing something as mundane as a bike rack.



Ok the only reason I like this shot is because of the symmetry in it.  Would I have preferred a different kind of bird? Yes, but all the others were busy sleeping in.

No, I did not place that leaf there, I promise.







No comments:

Post a Comment