Monday, March 7, 2016

Eat, Drink, and Be Married!

This set of photos I have my brother to thank for.  That's right--my brother :)

This past summer, I was coming from doing my first job (remember the ones on the beach?), and was really starting to dream about taking my photography further.  Adam tagged me in a comment to his friend's post on Facebook who was looking for someone to be a second photographer at a wedding.  One thing led to another, and the next thing I knew, I was hired to be the second photographer for Dana Renee Photography (www.photographydanarenee.blogspot.com). 
What?!?!?

My mind was reeling.  Weddings are a high-stress job for a photographer--all of those must-have shots throughout the entire day!  I was definitely feeling the pressure.

But then I met Dana--she was friendly and willing to coach/help me through the day.  Phew!  Then I met the bride--Ming.  She was also so friendly and very relaxed for a bride (at least I thought so!).  I immediately felt calmer and was able to focus on getting my job done.

There are so many things to photograph at a wedding--bride, groom, food, cake, parents, siblings, groomsmen, bridesmaids, flower girls, guests, venue....oh so many.  In this post, I only included photos with the bride, since she is the center of most of the attention at a wedding :)



This was just outside the room where the ceremony was to take place.  It was just me, Ming and her father (Dana was already inside, ready to capture everyone as they walked down the aisle).  A very sweet moment :)



These were taken after the ceremony (which was 5 minutes or less--I think the shortest ceremony I have ever been to!).  Ming was so beautiful in her gown.



The happy couple--Chris and Ming!



And again :)  The bridesmaids were having a great time behind the camera--I caught a photo of Jody putting rabbit ears on Dana as she photographer Chris and Ming--so much laughter!
Bunny ears are always a classic :)




First dance--both as a married couple and of many to follow that evening!  What a great day!


So, thank you Adam for tagging me in that post oh-so-many months ago.  Thank you for having faith in me and my work in photography!  I can't wait to see where I go from here :)

Cheers :)


1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about your fun wedding. Loved everything about this wedding! Couple of months ago, I arranged my brother’s wedding and booked amazing San Francisco wedding venues. Invited all our family and friends and had an amazing party there.

    ReplyDelete