Thursday, May 19, 2016

Senior Portraits with Samantha--the Softball Version!

Remember Samantha from my last post?  Well, before we ventured out to the beach for her senior portraits, we did some softball photos as well.  As it turns out, Samantha is a talented softball player!



I was able to go to one of the Samantha's games and get some shots of her in action!  She was the pitcher for the majority of the game.  Honestly, I don't know much about sports, but I think she did awesome!  Way better than I could ever dream to, anyway ;)



I love to photograph sporting events.  It is a great challenge because you have to keep up with all the action.  This was my first time photographing a softball game--it was awesome!  Because Samantha was the pitcher most of the time, I always knew where she would be standing and when the action would be happening.  That meant I got to try getting many different angles of her during the game.



Okay different day than the game.  We actually got up early on a Sunday morning to get these shots.  It was important to Samantha that we do her posed softball shots on her home field.  We had to get there before the sun was up too high, otherwise the lighting would not have worked.



Even though it was early, Samantha did great!  Just as smiley and giggly as she was during her portrait session on the beach :)



Samantha's mother and I both found a photo similar to this one online, and we wanted to re-create it for Samantha.  Can't have softball without a chain link fence, so you might as well include it in a few photos, right?  And yes, I love the B&W!



In just a few weeks, Samantha will be officially graduating high school.  I'm sure she is ready, and I know she will go on to be an amazing young woman.

Congratulations, Samantha!

Cheers :)




No comments:

Post a Comment