Sunday, May 8, 2016

Senior Portraits with Samantha!

A couple weeks ago, I had a new experience as a photographer--senior portraits!  I had never done this before (most of what I have done involves more than one person in the photos), but I was definitely excited :)

My senior was Samantha--a beautiful young woman who is ready to move forward on to the next stage of her life. 

Samantha had a specific vision for her portraits--she wanted to be on the water.  As it turns out, she and her mother found an absolutely gorgeous spot that was everything Samantha was looking for--North Beach in Calvert County.  I had never been there before, but I fell in love with the place as soon as I arrived. 
Of course, the beauty of the location was nothing compared to that of Samantha :)




See what I mean?  Beautiful!



These two shots were actually incredibly difficult to capture.  Samantha's back was to the setting sun, so I was looking directly into it--it was so bright!  I could barely see through the viewfinder and had to pretty much guess on the composition and settings--it worked!



Samantha smiled so easily throughout our session.  I think this smile was right after I told her my one-and-only corny joke of the session.  Well, actually, I think it was right after she rolled her eyes at my corny joke.



 No only did Samantha smile easily--she laughed and giggled, which provided me with so many wonderful shots to choose from.



Samantha was even bold and daring enough to wade into the water for a couple of shots.  She did great!  No worries--the dress was not ruined.  And we saved this for the last of the shots we took in the dress before she changed :)



In addition to all of her smiles and laughter, I was able to capture the more serious side of her as well.  This shot turned out to be one my favorites.  Her gaze into the camera is so piercing, you just can't look away.


Keep an eye out for my next post--I also did some softball photos of Samantha, including some of her in action during a game that will be featured :)


Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. We couldn't be happier with the photos; you did an AMAZING job!! Thanks again for your willingness to take on this project for us!

    ReplyDelete