Monday, January 16, 2017

Disney :)

If you follow me on Instagram (@meganhowellphoto), you probably saw my photos from my trip to Disney World back in November.  Those I simply took and edited with my phone.  Here are some of the ones that I took with my camera that weekend.


 One of the things I did that weekend was run (ok.....walk!) the Disney Holiday 5K.  This was the expo the day before--I've been to places like this, but never a Disney one. 






 Cinderella's Castle in B&W--unusual, but I like it.


Try to guess what this is before you scroll to the next photo!
I couldn't get it perfectly symmetrical, but I think I got pretty close!
I probably shouldn't like this picture as much as I do, but I do-no shame.








If you guessed the Epcot Golf Ball--you were right!


We were also there for the Food and Wine Festival--really good!


So this picture and the following were me experimenting because I was bored as we waited for something--I can't even remember what.  I just noticed geometric shadows on the ground looked interesting, so I sat down on the ground in the middle of the sidewalk and tried that capture it in my camera.


I couldn't decide if I liked B&W or color better--what do you think?


My friend, Mary, decided to just rest while I sat on the ground--I like this shot of her just waiting on the bench.  It really shows how you feel at the end of a day at Disney--tired.


Japan--in Epcot.

I know I was not the first person to get this shot, and I certainly will not be the last.  Doesn't mean I don't like it :)


A little product placement-slash- try to figure out the reflection in the balloon.


The floating lanterns from Tangled--one of my Disney favs.


I was definitely standing on top something I shouldn't have been to get these shots, but no one said anything to me :P


Motion blur!  Technically you are supposed to have a tripod and be very calculated to get a shot like this.  I didn't have a tripod and we were rushing back to Cinderella's castle to catch the fireworks show.  All I could do was stabilize my camera on one of the poles that held the chains to form the line for the carousel.  I set my settings and prayed it would work.  And it did!
Settings:
ISO: 3200  f-stop: 10 Shutter speed: 1/15


Sometimes I wish I was still this little......


I've said before on this blog--I love to get shots like this.  Cell phones increasingly get better cameras on them, and can sometimes be in my way of getting good shots.  Instead of moaning--I just take advantage of the screen and get a picture-in-picture type effect.


The best in-camera (no cell phone in the foreground) shot I could get of the firework show.  Don't mind the heads at the bottom-heh.


I totally think this could be a Disney ad--my favorite shot of the entire weekend!  Thanks to my friend Sean for standing still while the rest of us captured this shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment