Friday, January 6, 2017

Family Christmas!

Raise your hand if you have ever been to a big family get-together. 
Yeah, if I could actually see you all, I'm guessing that a lot of you probably raised your hands (or at least thought about it ;).  Seeing and spending time with your extended family is something a lot of us do during the holiday season.

For part of my Christmas this year, I, too, took part in a big family get-together.  The only thing was--it wasn't mine!  I was invited to come to my friend, Paula's, house for her family's Christmas celebration and photograph to whole thing--including family portraits!  Paula has 8 brothers and sisters--and each of them of their own children, and even some grandchildren!  So there were 3 generations of this family all under one roof--so special :)

I was welcomed so warmly into this family.  Everyone was so sweet to me.....smiling for the camera, cracking jokes, and letting me move around as I needed to capture the evening.  In a wonderful way, it reminded me of my own family Christmas celebrations as a kid--I felt like I was with my own family.

This is Paula and her siblings--all 8 of them!


 And here are all the brothers and sisters--with all their husbands and wives!



 Carving the turkey.



 I think this guy was excited for the food :P
(He was also one of the kids that was always ready for the camera!)



 So. Much. Food!!
(It was very good)







 Paula and her sister Theresa.  Theresa so graciously opened her home for all of us to come in.



 I love this photo--this little girl just peeking at me and my camera out of the corner of her eye.
So adorable!



 Like I said--3 generations :)



The house--walkin' in a winter wonderland.

Thank you, Paula and your entire family, for inviting into your family, even for one night.  I feel so privileged to be a part of it <3

And, even though I am a couple of weeks late in saying this to everyone......

Merry Christmas!
And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment