Monday, February 8, 2016

My First Job......

Today I wanted to share the photos from my very first job as a photographer.....everybody say "awwwww." :P

Near the beginning of the summer of 2015, my friend Jen asked me if I could take some Mother/Son portraits of her and her son, Ben.  AND she offered to pay me--of course I said yes!

As we were trying to work out a time and a place--I realized that she would be arriving in the Outer Banks the same day I would be leaving.  I asked her if she wanted some beach portraits before I went home--she was all for it!

So I stayed an extra night in the OBX, and met her and Ben outside their condo in the morning.  Below are some of the best shots of the session!



Being on the beach meant I had to get a shot with the ocean in the background! (this actually turned out to be quite difficult, as the sun was also behind them, which made the whole scene back-lit!)


Ben was such a trooper with us that morning.  He had to get up early...on his vacation....but he still smiled and laughed at my terrible jokes.  What an awesome guy :)


I know this photo turned out to be Jen's favorite.  She told me that she loved the little fences in the dunes, so I had them climb up and lean (oh-so-carefully) against this fence.  I think we may have been where we weren't supposed to be, but.....we got an awesome photo out of it!

I can't thank Jen enough for putting her faith in me and giving me my first paying job as a photographer.  It was a great experience and I learned so much!  I even got hired on the spot by another person to do Father/Son portraits that day before I left to go home (he saw me photographing Jen and Ben, and approached me while they were changing outfits).  I was almost speechless at how things came together that day.  I do believe God works in mysterious ways.

Thank you for taking a glimpse into my humble beginnings as a photographer.  I will be in the OBX again this year, if anybody wants some beach portraits.  Just saying..... ;)

Cheers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment